Getting Connected for:
Being Fed: spiritual growth, Bible study/small groups
Serving Others: mission awareness/involvement
As with the church as a whole, the Women of Westminster (WoW) are devoted to the connection of members in service to:
Jesus - in growing relationships with Him, marked by lives of prayer.
Each Other - in multiple circles of belonging that provide fellowship, encouragement and caring.
Our Community - in loving acts of hospitality, sharing faith and filling needs.
Opportunities for: Sharing Lives . . . Relationship, Friendship, Fun
• August 25: Fall Tip-Off: "Bouncing Back," with Guest Speaker, Kristy Curry, 10 a.m.-Noon, FMC
• September 7: Connections Team: Drive-In Movie for family fun: "The Odd Life of Timothy Green." Meet at 7 p.m. for fun/movie at 8:30 p.m.
• September 15: Beth Moore Simulcast from Reading, PA, 8:30 a.m.-4p.m., First Baptist Church of Lubbock
• September: Loads of Love Open House & Dedication
• October 6: Komen Race for the Cure, TEAM WoW, Lubbock Civic Center (Details, TBA)
• October 14: Breast Cancer Survivor Recognition Sunday, both services
• November 10-17: Sewing Ministry Quilt Display
• November 17: Sewing Ministry Filling & Mailing Prep for Stocking Project
• December 2: Christmas Open House for WoW, Home of Marcy Lawless, 2-4 p.m.
• December 7: Gift Bag Filling & Delivery to SideLined Saints, Room 101, 9 a.m.
• December 9: Connections Team: Christmas Carols & Hot Chocolate, following WPC Christmas Dinner
• January: Connections Team: Lady Raiders Basketball Game for church family, TBA
• January: Sewing Ministry "Grandmother/Mother/Daughter Quilting Day," TBA
• February 8-9: Women's Retreat, Scottish Rite Building, Lubbock, Friday evening-Saturday afternoon, The Rev. Pam Powell, Speaker
• March 29: Gift Bag Filling and Delivery to SideLined Saints, Room 101, 9 a.m.
• April 19: Connections Team: "Paint With a Twist," 7-9 p.m.
• April 27: Spring Brunch, 10:30-Noon, Parlor
• April 28: WoW Installation of Officers at 11:00 a.m. service
Check bulletins/Chimes for updates of time of meetings and for additions to the schedule
Opportunities for: Being Fed
Mom's Bible Study, Weekly on Tuesdays, beginning Sept. 11th
9:00 a.m. Drop off kiddos in the WPC nursery
9:15 a.m. Meet at Einstein's Bagels & return to church by 11 a.m.
Study: Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa Turkerst
Sarah Circle, Weekly/Year-round, Wednesdays, 6:30 p.m., Parlor, Childcare provided
Studies vary and include Bible studies, selected books, discussion
Ruth Circle, Monthly on 2nd Tuesdays, 9:30 a.m., Parlor/Individual Homes.
Study: Dispatches to God's Household: The General Epistles (1-2 Peter, 1-3 John, Jude) A Horizons study by Nancy Benson-Nicol
Esther Circle, Monthly on 2nd Wednesdays, 10 a.m., Room 101/Individual Homes
Study: Living Stones: The Making of an Eternal Fellowship (also 1-2 Peter, 1-3 John, Jude) by Becce Bettridge
Rebekah Circle, Monthly on 2nd Wednesdays, 10 a.m., Room 107 (Conference Room)
Study: Walking by Faith: Lessons Learned in the Dark by Jennifer Rothschild
Opportunities for: Serving Others
Christmas Angel Tree Ministry to extend the joy of Jesus to needy Lubbock area children.
Family Promise to help those in need throughout the community (a mission of Sarah Circle).
Loads of Love is a new ministry of WOW, the purpose of which is to provide a safe, structured environment for women with limited financial means to meet with Christian women volunteers to build Christ-centered relationships while washing and drying laundry. Housed at 3308 34th Street, it is anticipated that this ministry will be operational in the fall of 2012.
Personal Hygiene & Food Voucher Ministry to assist those who need a helping hand in tough times.
Westminster Cares includes the Bereavement, New Baby and SideLined Saints Ministries and is on-going to connect and care for one another during life's joys and sorrows, including illnesses, surgeries, childbirth, and bereavement.
Although the WPC Sewing Ministry is not under a reporting relationship to WoW, we include its many areas of activity and outreach with a separate page in the Directory. Please check the weekly worship bulletin announcements and The Chimes for meeting times and further information.
WoW welcomes your input in creating/expanding ministries in all areas.
The WoW COUNCIL, made up of officers, committee chairs and Circle leaders, meets at Noon on the first Wednesday of every month in the Church Parlor
The CONNECTIONS TEAM, responsible for creating ministries/opportunities to bring women together, meets periodically. We
encourage you to join in being a part of this fun and creative group!
All women are invited to attend these meetings at any time.